Live Daily Meditation
Please join Daniel nightly at 7 PM EST beginning Tuesday March 24th for a guided Inner Awareness Exploration that uses meditative breathing techniques, kriyas, movement and sound to deepen the capacity to live from our hearts.
We'll begin the meditation at 7:05 and it will last for 25-30 minutes. There will be time after for any questions/comments/sharing.
Please share this with anybody you feel is in need of community and a calming practice to help us through these challenging times.
If you have any questions please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 153 939 512
How to Meditate
You can choose from one of the 3 following body positions to meditate:
- Sit in Easy Pose
- Sit on a cushion or block.
- Pull left or right foot in front of the center of the body.
- Bring the other foot in front of the foot from above.
- *Both feet are on the ground one foot in front of the other.
- Hands can rest comfortably on the knees.
- Sit in a chair
- Both feet placed flat on the floor preferably without shoes.
- Sit up from the back of the chair if possible.
- Palms on the thighs or knees.
- Lay down
- Lay down flat on your back with palms face up.
- Can place something soft under the head and the knees for more support.
- If needed squeeze the toes and fingers 3 times whenever you feel yourself starting to fall asleep.
- Myth #1: The purpose of meditation is to not think.
- The purpose is to observe whatever the mind wants to create without judgement.
- Myth #2: Meditation is taking you somewhere.
- Meditation is simply bringing you into greater levels of presence in the HERE and NOW.
- Myth #3: Something is supposed to happen.
- Meditation is an inner exploration into our mind, body and soul using the breath as the guide.
All the breathing techniques I teach will be captured here for your reference.
3 Part Breath
This the most basic and the most powerful yoga practice. It can be done anywhere at anytime. After a while it will become the default way you breathe at all times.
- INHALE through the nose and begin filling the belly up like a balloon.
- Don't be shy - nobody is watching! Allow the belly to expand.
- Pull the breath up and expand the rib cage up and out.
- Visualize pulling the breath all the way up to the 3rd eye - the point between the eyebrows.
- Soft EXHALE through the nose or mouth. Repeat.
- These are long deep breaths that should be at least 5 seconds for the INHALE/EXHALE.
Breath of Light
- 5 or 7 Part Inhalation through the nose, very short pause between each part.
- Pause the breath at the top of the inhalation for just a few seconds focusing your attention and awareness at the 3rd eye.
- Soft exhale through the mouth, making a soft audible sound like a wave. You can also exhale through the nose.
- This is a soft meditative breath.