Join us every Sunday and Tuesday evening through December 22nd for live meditation and yoga class. Click on the image below to register on our new Teachable site.
If you have any questions please reach out to us at email@example.com.
How to Meditate
You can choose from one of the 3 following body positions to meditate:
- Sit in Easy Pose
- Sit on a cushion or block.
- Pull left or right foot in front of the center of the body.
- Bring the other foot in front of the foot from above.
- *Both feet are on the ground one foot in front of the other.
- Hands can rest comfortably on the knees.
- Sit in a chair
- Both feet placed flat on the floor preferably without shoes.
- Sit up from the back of the chair if possible.
- Palms on the thighs or knees.
- Lay down
- Lay down flat on your back with palms face up.
- Can place something soft under the head and the knees for more support.
- If needed squeeze the toes and fingers 3 times whenever you feel yourself starting to fall asleep.
- Myth #1: The purpose of meditation is to not think.
- The purpose is to observe whatever the mind wants to create without judgement.
- Myth #2: Meditation is taking you somewhere.
- Meditation is simply bringing you into greater levels of presence in the HERE and NOW.
- Myth #3: Something is supposed to happen.
- Meditation is an inner exploration into our mind, body and soul using the breath as the guide.
All the breathing techniques I teach will be captured here for your reference.
3 Part Breath
This the most basic and the most powerful yoga practice. It can be done anywhere at anytime. After a while it will become the default way you breathe at all times.
- INHALE through the nose and begin filling the belly up like a balloon.
- Don't be shy - nobody is watching! Allow the belly to expand.
- Pull the breath up and expand the rib cage up and out.
- Visualize pulling the breath all the way up to the 3rd eye - the point between the eyebrows.
- Soft EXHALE through the nose or mouth. Repeat.
- These are long deep breaths that should be at least 5 seconds for the INHALE/EXHALE.
Breath of Light
- 5 or 7 Part Inhalation through the nose, very short pause between each part.
- Pause the breath at the top of the inhalation for just a few seconds focusing your attention and awareness at the 3rd eye.
- Soft exhale through the mouth, making a soft audible sound like a wave. You can also exhale through the nose.
- This is a soft meditative breath.
Recorded Heart Centered Meditation